Wednesday, February 20, 2013

About Communication

Through the pod-casting project I hope to find new ways of communicating my ideas with those around me. I also hope to learn how to effectively communicate with people who I may have some conflicts with. This project will also enable me to learn more about different cultures where customs and practices do not always mesh well together. Also, this project should teach me about various communication styles across languages. Overall I expect this project to give me a new outlook on communicating with others to help foster good environments with a sense of community.

To me, communication is a very important tool in life. It helps us to understand, convey ideas, resolve situations, build ties, and share feelings. Communication also helps people to come together to solve problems and generate new ideas to achieve a common goal. More than anything, I feel that communication is essential to promoting wellness within yourself and those around you. It allows you to share your feelings and thoughts with others. It allows you to build new ties with strangers and maintain close ties with friends and families. Communication helps to uplift people through connection and words of encouragement. Communication is a way for people to grow and better themselves and those around them. That is what communication is to me.

4 comments:

  1. I like how you mention that there are many ways of communication, and that by doing this project we can learn new ways to convey our ideas. I also like how you have identified all the different functions of communication, i.e. "convey ideas, resolve situations, build ties".
    However I disagree with the idea that "communication is a very important 'tool' in life". I always think of a tool as a physical item, one that only some people may have. Rather than a tool, I think communication is more like an innate, universal capability of humans, an instinct if you will. In the end, perhaps it's just a simple matter of nomenclature.
    頑張ってください。

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you are saying about it not being a tool and I feel that you are right. I didn't mean to downplay what communication actually is. I guess what I meant is that communication is a type of medium that is important to achieve many things in our daily lives. I hope that clears up what I am trying to say.

      Delete
  2. Wow! This was a really profound read. I like your initial application of communication within the context of this project. It is very much about transcending "material differences" through material means - in this case, utilizing language as a means to bridge cultural differences.
    I see where one might disagree with your use of the word "tool" in describing the concept of communication, but I personally think it's an interesting way to put things in perspective. If we think about the process of social interaction as a "skill," or "tool" that is vital to understanding the "machinery" of life, we could say that it is a solid metaphor. At least, that's how I see it. Ganbatte ne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you got exactly what I was going for! I wanted to explain it in a way that shows how important communication can be to do other things in life.

      Delete